Happy Saturday morning,
This week I have learnt a lot of great facts about all pets and since I have two cats at home, I decided to learn a little more about our faithful furry companions. My favorite part of the day – other than grabbing a warm cup of tea, my book and get cozy in my bed – is when I get home after a long day of work and both my cats greet me with warm meows and face rubs. I can play with them for hours but house chores won’t get done by themselves :D. Pets are great to have at home whether your are single or have a family. They keep you company and make you smile at least once a day, even if they make little mistakes here and there, such as vomit, break things, leave warm and smelly surprises on carpets, etc. All pet owner have been there and still love them now and forever. Depending how you have trained your furry friend, they will have an unconditional love for children and will protect them forever. Laundry on Wheels are proud pet owners so if you have any questions or concern in regards to pet stains, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy these fun and interesting pet facts that I found!!!
– Cats spend almost 30% of their lives grooming themselves.
– Rabbits cannot vomit.
– A bird’s feathers weigh more than its skeleton.
– Rabbit droppings make an excellent garden fertilizer.
– Dogs only sweat from the bottoms of their feet; the only way they can discharge heat is by panting.
– Armadillos have four babies at a time and they are always all the same sex. They are also the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.
– One important fact is that birds typically try to hide any injuries they might have. Be on the lookout for swollen or closed eyes, diarrhea, or wheezing or clicking sounds.
– Iguanas are able to hold their breath for up to 30 minutes.
– Studies have shown that cats have better memories than dogs, monkeys or orangutans.
– Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.
– A goldfish can live up to 40 years.
– Rabbits can jump 36″ and higher.
– A cat can jump as much as seven times its height.
– It is a myth that dogs are color blind. They can actually see in color, just not as vividly as humans. It is akin to our vision at dusk.
– A bird’s heart beats 400 times per minute while they are resting.
– Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
– If never spayed or neutered, a female dog, her mate, and their puppies could produce over 66,000 dogs in 6 years!
– The dog name “Fido” is from Latin and means “fidelity”.
– Rabbits can have false pregnancies.
– A puppy is born blind, deaf, and toothless.
– A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both human and cat have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.
– Hamsters can remember their relatives.
– When cats are happy or pleased, they squeeze their eyes shut.
– The first dogs were self-domesticated wolves which, at least 12,000 years ago, became attracted to the first sites of permanent human habitation.
– A cat rubs against people not only to be affectionate but also to mark out its territory with scent glands around its face. The tail area and paws also carry the cat’s scent.
– Rabbits can purr similar to a cat.
– Hamsters can carry half their body weight in their cheek pouches.
– Goldfish can actually see ultra-violet and infra-red colors.
– A dog’s shoulder blades are unattached to the rest of the skeleton to allow greater flexibility for running.
– Dental offices have fish tanks in order to reduce anxiety in patients.
– Dalmatians are completely white at birth.